Sunday, October 21, 2007

Joy to the World


Okay I confess, I also made this card last year! I wanted to show how fabulous this Joy to the World set is though. It is one of the very first sets that Lizzie Anne Designs came out with and one of the first 2 sets I owned (the other one was Merry and Bright).


I also want to mention that I took the photo of this card outside and it looks so bright! I have been having a hard time with the way my photos have been coming out...not giving the card I made full justice for it's beauty :) but this one turned out quite nice. I'm pleased with the difference, my Ott-lite has just been retired!

The yellow card is from an old card and envelope set I had and the red is Bazzill, the Christmas tree paper is from a DCWV stack, the gold vellum was from Paper Zone! I did add Stampendous red Geo Dots, looks like I came across those last year ;) I embossed the reindeer with gold glitter and the baubles are stamped in SU Real Red and Encore Ultimate metallic gold.

It's fun to look back and see what you used to work with. I used to really try and use up all of my scraps...it's quite challenging, really gets your mind working :D

6 comments:

Taylor said...

What a great card!! I struggle with the right light for my photos, too. I try to always take them in natural light - either on a chair in fornt of a window or outside. It seems to help. The card looks fabulous in this picture, so you are totally doing something right!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

a beautiful card!!! I love it, I understand what you mean about photographing cards, mine are much brighter in real life, but this is a beautiful photograph :) xx

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love how you did the mat around the reindeer. I keep playing around with trying to get a clean crisp picture, I try to take mine in the morning before going to work in the daylight.

Kelly said...

What a super cute card, i love the ornaments on the bottom a perfect touch!

Karin said...

Great card! Understand what you mean about photographing cards. I usually use a scanner, but sometimes I take a photo.

Kristine said...

OH, this is soo cute. Getting me in the Christmasy mood. :)